[Fedora-legal-list] Using 'fedora' in a github organization name

Sam Kottler skottler at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 19:39:58 UTC 2014

Greetings legal@,

The Fedora cloud SIG has setup an organization called 'fedora-cloud' on
GitHub for mirroring some dist-git repos in the hopes of getting more
contributions. The question was asked on the cloud list (cc'ed) about
whether we need to get usage approval for the Fedora name to use it in
the organization name. fedora-infra has their own GitHub organization so
there is at least some precedence here.

Do we need to get board approval for usage of 'fedora' in our GitHub org?

Thanks for your help.

-S