[Fedora-legal-list] Transitive Grace Period Public LIcense ("TGGPL") v. 1.0

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 21:28:19 UTC 2014

Is this license, used by Tahoe-LAFS, acceptable for Fedora (and EPEL)?

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/COPYING.TGPPL.rst?rev=18b44383dc45c9f8dba9cb0149682bded6941028

As you can see, the file starts with a list of exception clauses
granting additional permissions, similar to some of the common
GPL+exceptions licenses. The license body looks OK to my non-expert
eyes; the main differences seem to be that the copyleft requirements
are allowed under some circumstances to be delayed for up to a year
(section 1c), and the external deployment provisions (section 5),
which I think are similar to the AGPL.

If there are any issues with the license preventing it from being
packaged for Fedora, I think the author may be amenable to working
them out.

Thanks,
Eric