[Fedora-legal-list] Copr logo as an unregistered trademark of Red Hat

Adam Samalik asamalik at redhat.com
Wed Aug 26 12:38:46 UTC 2015

Hello,

the Copr Build Service [1] got a logo some time ago and I would like to
protect it somehow. I'm thinking about making it an unregistered trademark
(TM) and creating some usage guidelines. The main goal of the guidelines
would be a way for people to promote our project. The guidelines would look
similar to these: https://www.docker.com/brand-guidelines

As the trademark needs to belong to someone, I would like to "give" the
logo to Red Hat and state something like "this logo is a trademark of Red
Hat".

I haven't done anything like this before. What is the right way of
achieving this?

Thanks!
Adam

[1] https://copr.fedoraproject.org