[Fedora-legal-list] Can Copr use rpmfusion?

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 15:57:55 UTC 2015

On 01/06/2015 05:10 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> On 01/05/2015 07:19 PM, Tom Callaway wrote:
>>> I would like to clarify (and put in FAQ):

>> 1) FESCo question. I'd personally prefer if copr's didn't require
>> external repos.
>
> Hmm why FESCo? IMO it is purely legal question.

Not really. The question is:

Can things in Fedora Coprs depend on third-party repositories to be
functional at runtime?

In Fedora proper, the answer is no. I would argue that the same policy
should hold for Coprs.

There is, however, no legal reason that I am aware of that a Copr could
not include a package which has a purely runtime dependency on something
in a third party repository. (The legal issues are questionable around
dynamic linking, and quite obvious around static linking, hence my
previous answers to those questions.)

~tom

==
Red Hat