[Fedora-legal-list] Privacy policy

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 13 20:58:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

we are working on improving the abrt integration in the Fedora
Workstation for F22. Part of this is adding a 'automatic bug reporting'
setting to the privacy panel in the control center (see the last mockup
in
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/system-settings/privacy/current-gen.png )

The design suggests that we should include a link to privacy policy of
the OS vendor here. I've been pointed at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:PrivacyPolicy as the existing
Fedora privacy policy, but that seems entirely focused on Fedora the
project, not on the OS itself. It also does not mention coredumps (and
the associated data we may collect) at all. Could you add a section
about that here, or should there be a separate page describing the
privacy expectations when using Fedora, the OS ?

Matthias