[Fedora-legal-list] Privacy policy

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 16:39:44 UTC 2015

On 01/13/2015 03:58 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are working on improving the abrt integration in the Fedora
> Workstation for F22. Part of this is adding a 'automatic bug reporting'
> setting to the privacy panel in the control center (see the last mockup
> in
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/system-settings/privacy/current-gen.png )
>
> The design suggests that we should include a link to privacy policy of
> the OS vendor here. I've been pointed at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:PrivacyPolicy as the existing
> Fedora privacy policy, but that seems entirely focused on Fedora the
> project, not on the OS itself. It also does not mention coredumps (and
> the associated data we may collect) at all. Could you add a section
> about that here, or should there be a separate page describing the
> privacy expectations when using Fedora, the OS ?

How does this sound?

== Automatic Bug Reporting ==
Fedora contains tools designed to detect and report bugs when they occur
on your system. These tools are configured so that the end-user must
opt-in to reporting these bugs to us (either via a system-wide setting
or on a case-by-case basis).

In reporting these bugs, we collect debugging information about the
state of your system and its running applications. Every attempt is made
to anonymize these reports and scrub them of personal information,
however, it is possible that they may still contain personal information
and/or information about your computer usage. Please keep this in mind
before submitting these bug reports. By choosing to submit these
reports, you are giving Fedora permission to use their contents, even if
those contents contain personal information about you and/or your
computer usage.

~tom

==
Red Hat