[Fedora-legal-list] [RFC] Switching to SPDX in license tags

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 9 13:22:41 UTC 2015

> On 9.7.2015 14:48, Haïkel wrote:
>> * mass changing all specs => could be automated
>
> Actually, openSUSE has a tool for this:
>
> https://github.com/openSUSE/spec-cleaner
>
> It can convert their old license abbrevs to SPDX, I don't know if we are
> using the same ones, but the data set can be changed of course.
>

> Another thing is that this would most certainly also affect EPEL/RHEL,
> so it is probably not only Fedora's decision to make.
>
> --
> Miro Hrončok
> --
> Phone: +420777974800
> IRC: mhroncok

You're right, though it would only affect RHEL 8.

As I said, this is an early stage discussion, and at some point, it will
be submitted to the Fedora Council who is entitled to review this with
Red Hat representatives.

But before wasting the council and then fesco's time, I'd like to get feedback
from Legal and my fellow peers.

Regards,
H.