[Fedora-legal-list] Privacy policy

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:06:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:16:59AM -0500, Tom Callaway wrote:
> On 02/13/2015 10:14 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Its been a few weeks.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:PrivacyPolicy
> >
> > still states: This Privacy Statement was last amended on August 14, 2008.
> >
> > Can we come to some conclusion and either update the policy, or create
> > a separate document that talks about Fedora, the product, instead of
> > Fedora the project ?
>
> In order to do either, I need to understand how we (Red Hat/Fedora) are
> storing personal data about users and systems. I need to sync up with
> the abrt team to determine what they are collecting and storing, and for
> how long. If the Desktop group is collecting and storing any
> information, it would be good to know that as well (you can send it
> directly to me).

I edited the current policy into a new draft here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/PrivacyPolicyRedux

I notified the Workstation WG about the new draft since work in that
group is what motivated the changes.  Tom, did you want to review and
comment before we decide what to do with this next?