[Fedora-legal-list] Privacy policy

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 15:40:45 UTC 2015

On 03/17/2015 11:21 AM, Tristan Santore wrote:
> On 17/03/15 16:08, Tom Callaway wrote:
>> On 03/16/2015 04:07 PM, Tristan Santore wrote:
>>
>>> Can I please request we write down somewhere, what abrtd collects. I am
>>> sure this would interest a lot of the community guys and would answer
>>> any future questions, because we can refer people to that wiki page.
>>
>> I opted not to encapsulate that information directly into our privacy
>> policy revisions, because if it changes (or a different tool is in use),
>> it complicates the text significantly and forces us to make changes.
>>
>> That said, the information you're looking for can be found here:
>> https://github.com/abrt/faf/wiki/uReport
>>
>> ~tom
>>
>> ==
>> Red Hat
>>
> Tom,
> Could we at least link to that github resource then ? I think it is more
> about transparency and information transmission to community members.

Again, I'm hesitant to include that directly in the privacy policy. If
they stop using github, or that file, or if we stop using abrt for some
reason, we then have to go through the process of revising the privacy
policy and informing the entire fedora community. That process is
non-trivial. :/

~tom

==
Red Hat