[Fedora-legal-list] Privacy policy

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Tue Mar 17 21:22:00 UTC 2015

On 17/03/15 22:16, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:28:52PM +0100, Miro HronĨok wrote:
>> Dne 14.1.2015 v 17:39 Tom Callaway napsal(a):
>>> before submitting these bug reports. By choosing to submit these
>>> reports, you are giving Fedora permission to use their contents, even if
>>> those contents contain personal information about you and/or your
>>> computer usage.
>>
>> The last sentence. I think it would be better to say:
>>
>> ...to use their contents for purpose of fixing bugs.
>>
>> Or something similar. Now it seems that once you submit personal data,
>> Fedora may use them to <insert evil purpose here>.
>>
>> Promise to not abuse the data would also work for me.
>
> This makes sense to me. I'll add.

I hate to be pessimistic. Legally a promise to not use something for an
"evil" purpose is meaningless. Unless you specify what exactly you will
prevent/protect against, outside the scope of your local data protection
laws.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org