[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora Live CD project "kick off"

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 09:02:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 14:54 -0500, Steve Grubb wrote:
> I have recently integrated the scripts with the Rookery Build system so that
> people can create Live CD's easily. The Live CD kit can be found at:
> www.web-insights.net/rookery. You can use pre-built rpms such as Fedora's. I
> am actively working on the scripts to make them better. If no one else has
> Live CD creation scripts available, I'd like to offer this as a starting
> point.

A while ago I worked on the stateless linux project, and as part of this
i wrote the mklivecd script in the readonly-root package. Its pretty
simple as live cds go, it just creates a bootable zisofs image from a
stateless linux root. The actual work to make a livecd work was part of
the standard stateless linux work were everything runs with a readonly
filesystem.

I don't currently work on this anymore, but I'll hang around here and
see if there is anything i can do to help out.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a world-famous flyboy astronaut who hides his scarred face behind a mask.
She's a mentally unstable wisecracking detective who dreams of becoming Elvis.
They fight crime!