[Fedora-livecd-list] Project goals and infrastructure...

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Sun Apr 10 21:43:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 11:44 -0600, Tom Lisjac wrote:
> At this point, it might be helpful to try and define the goals for the
> project a little more clearly... for example, what are we planning to
> deliver? Is the goal to create a generic build system for generating
> customized Fedora bootable CD's... or are we trying to assemble a "one
> size fits all" release with a flexible set of startup options?

Seen casper?

I think a generic "build system" for generating customized Fedora
LiveCDs is what the aim of this project is. There is never going to be a
"one size fits all"; thats not The Fedora Core goals either ;-)

> How about a project website, cvs and download mirrors? Is this a good
> candidate for SourceForge or is Red Hat thinking about providing this
> support?

I think all this can happen in due time. The website, is something that
can happen sooner than later (I don't mind being on task for that),
cvs/download mirrors, well, more work needs to be done first

AFAIK, The Fedora Project will be providing support to this and it
doesn't need to get hosted at SourceForge

> Last but not least, leadership. Is there a "benevolent dictator" at
> this point? :)

No, aptly described, its anyone "that get's shit done"; while waiting,
Greg is probably the default man for the job :)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi