[Fedora-livecd-list] Project goals and infrastructure...

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 07:40:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 10:02 +1000, neville wrote:
> Hello all, another two cents worth,
>
> I think it would be wise to choose at least one compression technology
> and also use copy-on-write filesystems as this will allow maximum
> useability and least change to the installed distribution.
>
> It would also be nice if the distro image generated for the CD was part
> of the Fedora installation processes, the workstation image is not
> suitable.  A custom distro image should developed which includes some of
> the workstation and server set of RPMs and could be called the fedora
> demo or live cd image.
>
> The Xendemo CD is a good starting point as this would the CD start
> multiple copies of Linux as well.  The startup scripts are easy to
> understand and writing a new set of scripts for the Fedora livecd will
> not take long.

This is an interesting idea. I know anaconda can run in a test mode
where it just installs into a chroot. You could use that to have a
super-easy graphical way to select what you want on your live cd. Like a
graphical installer that installs onto a live-cd.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a gun-slinging small-town werewolf on the hunt for the last specimen of a
great and near-mythical creature. She's a sarcastic winged widow fleeing from
a Satanic cult. They fight crime!