[Fedora-livecd-list] wiki page updated

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 15:35:02 UTC 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 10:57, Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> Would you mind telling me some of the main reasons?

CD Rom is common among more machines than DVD.  I for one do not have a DVD
rom at all.

> If you mean that many people do not have a DVD: I think this has changed
> dramatically in recent years - and Fedora is not optimised for old
> computers.

But it does not to work on the people's computer that are writing the software
for you. :)

I think the idea is that we want to have a parameter that is user configurable
that will tell you when you have picked too many packages for your target
media. This way one could use mini CD disks, CD Rom, DVD, or even USB flash
drives. I think the intent is to allow users to pick their distribution
media.

-Steve