[Fedora-livecd-list] using kernel.org kernel

tony tony at tgds.net
Thu Oct 13 14:13:40 UTC 2005

Le jeudi 13 octobre 2005 à 19:17 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

> >This may be a FAQ - I would like to use a kernel.org kernel rather than
> >an FC one. Is this documented somewhere? I will also be swapping out
> >X.org for a modified version.
> >
> I am not sure where custom package replacements are documented but why
> do you do these modifications?.  Fedora  kernel and Xorg packages are
> generally better integrated and tends to have bug fixes that have not
> been upstreamed yet.

Because I am making a live CD for VIA Epia M and want the latest X.org
video drivers with xxmc hardware acceleration for mpeg2 playback. I also
want to build in lirc support including kernel modules. The packages are
slowly getting into FC but won't be there before FC5 at earliest and I
want them before the end of the month.

Cheers

Tony
--