[Fedora-livecd-list] a little question of linuxrc of kadischi initrd

Mark Ryden markryde at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 07:56:27 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have  a qustion which is connected indirectly to kadischi, if I may:
I hope someone knows the answer and can answer.

 I saw that the linuxrc script of the  initrd.img that kadischi uses
(/boot/isolinux/initrd.img)
has the following lines:
cd /
find-live-cd /sysroot

# Make kernel don't mount root fs
echo 0x100 > /proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev

I have a little question : what is the effect of the
echo 0x100 > /proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev commans  ?

(In the init script of initrd of fedora core 4 there is no such echo
0x100 command
; I know that this initrd is a different format but if I am not wrong
also in older
version of Fedora/RedHat there were no such echo 0x100 commands in the
linuxrc scripts)

Regards,
MR