[Fedora-livecd-list] success and failure

tony tony at tgds.net
Tue Oct 18 08:05:14 UTC 2005

OK I was joking.

I have a minimal live CD that boots. It is made from a yum updated FC4
and the sample ks file from CVS.

So I can't log in of course as I don't have the root password.

from kickstart howto:

"rootpw

        Set the initial root password, based on a previously derived
        encrypted password

                rootpw --iscrypted XaacoeGPmf/A."

Cool! But what if I want an easy old password like livecd for root?

How do i generate and where do I find the encrypted password without
messing with the root password of my running system?

Second is there anyone who has instructions for making a live CD that
boots into gdm? My live CD is destined to run only on VIA Epia so
I know all about the video card.

Cheers

Tony

--