[Fedora-livecd-list] Got a LiveCD built using Kadischi? Give us a URL!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 04:01:49 UTC 2005

jeff wrote:

> Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>
>> OK, so I know that some of you out there have actually *used*
>> Kadischi now. Link yours in by putting the URL on the wiki:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LiveCD
>

> I can't edit the page, but BLAG made an FC4-based LiveCD with Kadischi:
>
> ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/BLAG/linux/40000/en/iso

Just give this one a test run. Worked out fine. Bootup and application
startup speeds were pretty low. . Ran into a couple of minor bugs with
initscript trying to relabel the filesystem and running fonts cache both
of which failed due to the storage being read only. I didnt like the
theme or the icon set but thats a subjective taste

A comprehensive set of differences in the packages and other
customisations you have made would very useful. I would also like to
know about your previous Live CD efforts and experiences and if you see
an oppurtunity for colloboration. For example, code improvements or
features the tool and Live CD could use. Just throwing out an idea

regards
Rahul