7 proposals - was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - Anaconda

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 22:26:14 UTC 2006

--- "J. Hartline" <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:

> I seriously doubt running from a Debian system if they did package
> Anaconda is even a factor.

Yeah, that was kind of a silly example.  I was just trying to emphasize what
IMO should be a clear distinction between the system hosting the livecd
generator, and the system being created by it.  Ideally I'd like to see the
livecd generator run as a user (not-root), since if you think about it,
generating the bits in the iso file shouldn't require root privs.  But I admit
it will be some time before that comes to bear.

-jdog