[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - Anaconda

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 2 17:12:04 UTC 2006

J. Hartline wrote:

> The cosmetics of it I think are another issue.
> We shouldn't be seeing "Would you like a live CD" screens during
> normal installations, which we don't
> using kadischi.fromStages1_2().

Here are a few source files I have now, and some patches.
This is bar far not a final draft, but if we can generate some heat with it
now, it will save me or anyone time in who decides to contribute to
making it happen.

I especially do not like iutil.py patch, albeit I am doing this trying
to disrupt
as little of Anaconda's code as possible.
The two functions in kadischi.py fromStages1_2() and
livecdFromSystem(),systemFromLivecd()
could probably be better. Unfortunately I'm not certain that you have
anything definite to look
for except what I have there, to determine if we are in stage 2, in
which we don't want to appear.

I also do not know Anaconda inside and out, therefore I'm sure I am
replicating some
functions it can do internally, like validifying the installation source
exists.

I did change flc_log from Kadischi to rhpl.log though.
kadischi_text.py and kadischi_gui.py still have yet to be forged.
I really haven't put much thought in kadischi.installSystemFromLiveCD()
since iutil uses /dev/ to create nodes that would already exist. Likewise
we need to have a partitioned disk and it be mounted proper under say
/mnt/sysimage
which is why we don't skip the steps in rootpath for disk partitioning.
Have a look.

Maybe someone can work off this same idea? Make it better no?

J. Hartline