[Fedora-livecd-list] Cleanups to squashfs and selinux disabling

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 20:42:03 UTC 2006

A pair of patches to cleanup selinux disabling and adding squashfs
modules to the initrd.  These are based on an irc conversation with
AutOPSY.

kadischi-kmodules.patch:
* kadischi.py: Install squashfs and loop modules insto the initrd only
if we are building a squashfs image.  This is passed via a KMODULES
environment variable to livecd-mkinitrd.sh
* livecd-mkinitrd.sh: Modify the module searching to use values passed
via KMODULES

kadischi-selinux.patch:
* install-boot.sh: Remove the selinux=0 kernel parameter as we want a
more generic and finer grained option for the future.
* 04auth.sh: Use sed within the chroot to change the value of SELINUX=
in /etc/selinux/config to 'disabled'  When we have a filesystem that
supports extended atributes, we can modify this behaviour by setting
SELINUXSTATE to enforcing, permissive, etc.  A similar method can be
used to configure SELINUXTYPE (strict/targeted/mls) at that time as
well.
* 05fsclean.sh: Add .autorelabel to the list of files to remove.  We
can't relabel a read-only filesystem.