[Fedora-livecd-list] Time Estimation for LiveCD creation

Ingo Schaefer ingo at ingo-schaefer.de
Tue Apr 11 06:41:10 UTC 2006

Hello Jaspar,
Am Dienstag, den 11.04.2006, 01:15 -0500 schrieb Jasper O'neal Hartline:

> Kadischi would be creating a compressed duplicate of the installation.
> mkzisofs, mksquashfs, and mkisofs take a fair amount of time.

Thanks for your fast reply.

Wouldn't all these processes make some traces in the system like
logfiles, temporary files and so on?

Or is anything done in memory? (This machine has 6G of it, with
currently 4,5 G used.)

Installation time from anaconda was 13 minutes, there are 2x3,2 GHz Xeon
processors in it and it does not do anything else now.

Top reports python with 100% cpu and 100 minutes cpu time being the
number one, idle percentage around 75 to 99

Of course I will wait, but I expected some progress indicator anywhere,
at least in disk usage or something like that.

Kind Regards,
Ingo