X autodetection/configuration, was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] squashfs -- anyone have a pristine tree?

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 20:47:53 UTC 2006

--- Jane Dogalt <jdogalt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Actually it's called "Xorg -configure".  That will generate an xorg.conf file

Actually this looks fairly interesting (because I went as far as googling, but
not quite as far as just reading knoppix scripts, which is obviously an
integral part of the final solution).  I was googling to see whatever happened
to the read-edid program I used, and while it appears to be less than fully
maintained and robust, this appears to be the successor-

http://www.nongnu.org/autocfg-xorg/

(note, despite the nongnu domain name, the tool in question advertises gpl-v2)