[Fedora-livecd-list] Live DVD with packages from Extras

Chris Negus cnegus at rucls.net
Fri Apr 14 20:41:38 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 13:47 +0300, Filip Tsachev wrote:
> So why is createrepo for?  Just to use when you have replaced already
> defined packages with updated ones?
>
> If I want to add only 1 package can I include it in existing group or
> I should make new one?

I think that createrepo is primarily for creating yum repositories. You
can feed createrepo a custom comps.xml file, but I don't believe that
tool (or any other tool) creates one. When I asked how to modify
comps.xml, I was told to just use a plain text editor.

The comps.xml file in the repodata directory for Fedora Extras is, I
believe, still in the pre-FC5 format. So, I think you can't just
cut-and-paste entries from that file into the comps.xml file you use for
kadischi with FC5.

When I built a live CD with kadischi for FC5, I just copied a couple of
packages from Extras to my RPMS directory and added each package to an
existing group in comps.xml. If you have a bunch of packages, the better
way may be to add a Fedora Extras category and one or more groups to
your comps.xml. If there is a better way to do it, maybe someone else
can make a suggestion

-- Chris Negus