[Fedora-livecd-list] Self-intro

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 17 01:00:55 UTC 2006

Bart Couvreur wrote:

>Hey everyone, my name is Bart Couvreur and I'm from Lochristi, Belgium.
>I'm an 19 year old student, whose started using Linux in 2000, on a
>testing basis. I've been a Fedora user since FC2 and since January 2005
>I'm a member of the Fedora Translation Team (Dutch).

Welcome.

>Now to the real thing ;)! I've been following the Kadischi-project since
>I first heard of it in January as part of the first Fedora Weekly
>Reports. At that time I was quite interested in this project but due to
>a lack of time I couldn't follow it right then.
>
>I've finally found some time to try out Kadischi and I was quite
>impressed with what I saw! Nice job, guys!! Had a little go at making a
>Live DVD, which seemed to work but broke down on a friends computer at
>firstboot-sequence (probably made an mistake there, X seems to break
>down, if anyone has a pointer, thanks in advance)

What would be best is to search through your particular logs when these
things fail.
X issues should be logged in /var/log/Xorg.0.log or Xorg.0.log.old
depending.

The firstboot issue could possibly be documented if you run firstboot
directly
when booted into the LiveCD. There is nowhere I know of firstboot logs
to specifically.

J. Hartline