output redistribution issues again, was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 17 23:17:36 UTC 2006

Jane Dogalt wrote:

>My confusion, and I'm hoping to clear up other people's confusion here as well,
>stemmed from what I believe was a historical guideline which forbid the
>_inclusion_ of fedora/rh copyrighed artwork and trademarks in a derivative
>distribution.

If it isn't modified it isn't a derivitive.
What you are saying is if the baker bakes a cake you can go to a party
and claim you baked it. Your reasoning is flawed somewhat.

If you modify packages or the overall Fedora system, you cannot say it
is Fedora
because it _simply_ isn't. This isn't just a rule people want to go by
to make your life harder,
it is the truth.
Secondly, according to discussion I was having the other day in fedora-mktg
it is fine to distribute Fedora Core as Fedora Core, of course this
isn't modified.