output redistribution issues again, was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

tony tony at tgds.net
Tue Apr 18 09:53:13 UTC 2006

Le mardi 18 avril 2006 à 01:35 -0700, Jane Dogalt a écrit :

> The root of the issue is-
>
> If I create output with kadischi, named mylivelinux.iso, which boots using the
> default fedora logos on the graphical boot (and gdm default background, and
> gnome default background), then would I be in danger of "being likely to cause
> confusion by implying association with or sponsorship by Red Hat"?

Yes because one of the big (huge) time consuming tasks I have planned
into my liveCD is modifying all of that. If I can get away with leaving
all of the fedora logo stuff in place and have the machine boot into an
"epiaix liveCD" where it is clearly written that the OS is fedora with
all VIA epia options turned on and a specific kernel. Personalised
liveCDs _ARE_ fedora but either a subset or with additional features
added in.

This is almost more complicated than hacking personalised rpms...

=:-D</joke>

Tony