[Fedora-livecd-list] post_install_script options/interactivity

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Wed Apr 19 18:01:15 UTC 2006

04userconfig and 07accounts are different than the other
post_install_scripts in that they both start interactive processes.
Currently, if the user has selected to use kickstart or cmdline mode for
anaconda, the functionality of these scripts are skipped.  This is okay
to beat them into shape but we're eventually going to want to architect
things so we can access the functionality when we're running anaconda
noninteractively.  Additionally, just because I've scripted a portion of
anaconda's installer doesn't mean I don't want to configure the
remaining pieces by hand.  (anaconda itself allows for setting some
things within a kickstart while prompting for missing values.)

I think we want to copy the idea of cmdline, text, and graphical that
anaconda has into kadischi.  When kadischi is run in cmdline mode it
attempts to execute with only the values given on the cmdline.  When in
text/graphical it will preset and run with any options given to it on
the commandline but prompt for interactive use when something is
missing.

Does anyone have any thoughts or do I need to hack out a proof of
concept so we have something to tear apart?

-Toshio