[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 15:08:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 17:27 -0500, Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
> I've just quickly tested the packages provided at
> http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/livecd/
> and it works well, for what it does currently. I noticed it is written
> to use mkzftree rather
> than SquashFS, of course remembering you said it was based on progress
> weeks ago.

Cool, thanks.  And yeah, that's exactly why.  If someone wants to beat
me to changing it over, I'm not going to complain.

On that note, I'm wondering if it makes sense to import this into a
repository?  Obviously, kadischi is already in CVS and I could import on
a branch or a different repo.  At the same time, given the fact that
there's a lot of interest in experimenting and trying different
approaches around live CD stuff, I wonder if it makes sense to actually
use the mercurial setup on cvs.fedora so that people can have their own
trees for trying stuff.

> NOTE: Anyone needing to test these packages as is should also have:
>              xorg-x11-server-Xorg
>              vnc-server

Yeah, forgot that I currently was doing the installs with vnc just
because I was doing some testing from home while running everything on
my test box at the office :)

Jeremy