[Fedora-livecd-list] error during rpmbuil for gdm

Alan Milligan alan at balclutha.org
Tue Apr 25 10:25:40 UTC 2006

Jaswinder Singh wrote:
> Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
>
>> Jaswinder Singh Phulewala wrote:
>>
>>> M_PREFIX=/var/tmp/gdm-2.6.0.8-root/etc install
>>> Making install in po
>>> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gdm-2.6.0.8/po
>>> <http://2.6.0.8/po>'
>>> make[1]: install_sh@: Command not found
>>> make[1]: *** [install-data-yes] Error 127
>>>
>> There is your error right there.
>> make[1]: install_sh@: Command not found
>

> then what i should do to fix this problem?

Well, it looks like autoconf/automake hasn't properly resolved something
in it's configure tapdance.

I suspect that as a relatively new user to Linux, you may not be able to
fix this yourself ;)

Where did you get the SRPM from?  I'd suggest finding a *safe* package,
preferably from a non-devel tree and building that.

Alan