[Fedora-livecd-list] FYI- no fedora-logos behaviour

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 05:46:30 UTC 2006

#4 at least-

rpm -qf /usr/share/backgrounds/images/default.png
desktop-backgrounds-basic-2.0-31

#5 does appear (/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/96x96/apps/gnome-main-menu.png?) to
be owned by fedora-logos, I'm guessing it got copied to a homedir during login
(before I rpm -e'd fedora-logos)

Speaking of redhat-artwork.  I've heard several mentions on this list that
fedora-logos is the only issue with redistribution.  Seems odd no one has ever
mentioned redhat-artwork.

Back in the day when fedora was supposedly a distinct community entity, one
could take the reasonable implication that if fedora could use redhat-artwork,
any other community project could as well.

I notice that the centos strategy appears to be keeping redhat-artwork as an
rpm, but (I haven't inspected that closely) scraping some red hats out of it.

I'm curious- All the bluecurve stuff in redhat-artwork-  Does redhat stake
claim to that?  I guess I need to actually install centos and see specifically
what they do, as they seem to be the standard reference for how to deal with
making a derivative distro and respecting the copyright/trademark guidelines of
the "upstream vendor".

-jdog