[Fedora-livecd-list] kadischi live cd build errors

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 10:43:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 10:13 +0100, Davide Marchi wrote:
> Hi "fedora-livecd-list"!
> I'm davide from italy
>
> I would like to produce one live cd Fedora based. For this i hope to use
> your kadischi, but i need a little little help..
>
> I've downloaded it from cvs, and make it the rpm version.
> When i run "kadischi" this is the output:

>   kadischi http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/6/i386/os/
> /media/disk/FC6/fedora-live.iso
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/share/kadischi/kadischi.py", line 8, in ?
>      from functions import *
>    File "/usr/share/kadischi/lib/functions.py", line 12, in ?
>      import isys
>    File "/usr/lib/anaconda/isys.py", line 32, in ?
>      import block
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/block/__init__.py", line 33, in ?
>      from bdevid import bdevid as _bdevid
> ImportError: libparted-1.7.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> i've installed and builded kadischi with:
>
> Name        : parted                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 1.8.0                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
> Release     : 1.fc6                         Build Date: mar 28 nov 2006
> 17:20:19 CET

Brian Dykstra  seems to have encountered the same problem as you.  His
thread had some useful information about the root cause here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2006-December/msg00001.html

If you're on x86_64, I compiled a new mkinitrd that may help:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2006-December/msg00004.html

Brian, did the packages help you?  Are you i386 or x86_64?  (Ingo, I
confirm this parted/mkinitrd mismatch on i386 as well as x86_64)

If neither of you are on x86_64, you may have to recompile the srpm for
i386.  You can find the srpm here:
http://www.tiki-lounge.com/~toshio/fedora/mkinitrd-5.1.19-1.0.0.1.src.rpm

-Toshio