[Fedora-livecd-list] updated liveusb,sh

Chris & Melinda LaForce cdlaforc at centurytel.net
Mon Dec 11 19:32:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 13:46 -0800, Fred J. Bourgeois, III wrote:
> I made some changes to Jasper Hartline's excellent liveusb.sh
> script, mostly to make sure that files are taken from repos and
> not a (possibly different distro) local installation.  Also, my
> version inlines the calls to fdisk and grub, and adds default
> values for PACKAGES, GROUPLIST, ROOTPATH.  I hope this is okay?
> These changes were sparked because I am still running FC5 on my
> main machine, but want to build an FC6 flashdrive system.  (I
> also "preserve" the yum cache to take advantage of my local repo,
> something you may not want to do in the release version.)
>
> I am continuing to work on improving this script, but you can see
> my current version at
>     ftp://ftp.applios.net/pub/fjb/LiveUSB/liveusb.sh
> Any feedback would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Fred J. Bourgeois, III
>

> --

Fred,
   Thanks for the help.  I have created the image file and put it on my
usb device, but I haven't be able to boot it up.  I tried 2 different
memory keys(Cruzer mini 1.0 GB, Memorex TravelDrive mini 1.0 GB) on 2
different machines and had no luck.  I know I booted from usb on these
before and have the boot order set to be usb device first.  I'm not sure
what the problem may be here.  Here's how I setup the usb media before
dd'ing the file over:

mke2fs -j /dev/sda

tune2fs -c 0 -i 0 /dev/sda

Let me know if you can offer any help.