[Fedora-livecd-list] wireless and liveCD

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Thu Dec 28 09:05:50 UTC 2006

I have been reading the list but not working on my liveCD because my
machine died. One issue that I have with Fedora is the impossibility of
using ndiswrapper to load Windows drivers for unsupported WiFi chipsets.

I have a very nice $2 on ebay Linksys WUSB11v.4 adaptor that caused me
much jumping though very large hoops to get working because of the 4K
stack issue:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora
I followed the instructions there to download a precompiled Fedora 6 kernel

It appears to be pretty much impossible to build a liveCD that uses a
wireless connection which is a shame because many of the aDSL bundles
available now have a WiFi enabled box.

Cheers
Tony