[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: FE Package Status of Jun 18, 2006

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 18 10:08:45 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> As for Kadischi, we are working on it internally on cvs, but yet we
> can't call it stable enough to package it for release.
>
> I was thinking why not make it available on extras-development.
> Perhaps that could bring more testers (since we need testers who have
> 64 bit machines) and more contributors to push things forward quickly.
>
> Does it break any FE policies if we (from kadischi) start packaging
> kadischi for only and only extras-development ?

I'm pretty sure the LiveCD stuff Jeremy is working on will make it into
Fedora Extras.
Kadischi was a good start but obviously has problems being outside of
the base and/or peripheral
codebase and I believe unless Elliot or Jeremy, that or Bill Nottingham
decide it should go into Extras
as a package it will stay as CVS development. I have i386 packages
available here:
http://autopsy.thetabox.org/RPMS/i386 Understand however these are NOT,
Fedora Core packages
nor Extras packages or in any way related to teh Fedora Project. They
are a third party package build with
no modifications. The spec file provided also allows for any user to
build his/her own package.

J. Hartline