[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - post_install_scripts

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 13 16:26:11 UTC 2006

Hi.
If you've been using Kadishci under Fedora Core 4 and under Fedora Core
5 tests
you will notice Kadischi's post_install_script 01umountproc.sh fails
under Fedora Core 5 tests.
I do not know if this has to do with Anaconda neccessarily as being a
bug, or something that has simply changed.
If we could get some info on why the rootdir/proc isn't mounted any
longer, we could probably move
towards replacing 01umountproc.sh with 01prelink.sh and in prelink,
maybe just check if rootdir/proc is mounted
and unmount it if so, this would allow for prelinking the system root
before writing to a CD and
unmount rootdir/proc if neccessary, but not fail if not. Perhaps we
could put this on the Schedule
so it can be done sooner than later, without breaking anything between
FC4/5 when Fedora Core 5 is in fact released.

Chitlesh, I am also curious about the organization of the
Kadischi/Schedule page..
I'm not so positive all users of Kadischi would want autologin features
with blank passwords.
Could you verify that this is for a Fedora provided Live media rather
than something that should be put in Kadischi
in general, and if so split the Schedule to reflect that, it will be
less confusing for those interested in
what is to be done. If these _are_ in fact features that should be in
Kadischi, then just notify the list so
I'll know.

Thanks.
J. Hartline