[Fedora-livecd-list] Expectation Setting

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 21:36:20 UTC 2006

As a user and developer, I would emphatically agree with what Jeremy has
diplomatically expressed here.  Maybe I'm missing something, but currently the
fedora livecd is miles away from even being in the same league as knoppix,
which is what people will be judging any 'official' fedora livecd against.

Unless that is you emphatically set expectations apropriately.

I hesitate to unload all my criticism at once, having been unable to download
the french livecd (link didn't work), and not having looked for this recent
version.  But one thing that strikes me is that making a livecd which is truly
stateless (not dependent or even affected by the build systems hardware),
requires quite a bit of stuff, stuff that I'm not seeing here yet.

>From what I'm seeing on this list, the development cycle for an 'official
quality' fedora livecd has barely begun.  I think the LWN reviewer was
extremely kind when kadischi failed to produce any output for them at all, and
still somehow made the review sound net positive.

If my evaluation of the state of things is wrong-  prove it to me with an iso.

-jdog