[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - manual page

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 18 20:32:11 UTC 2006

On 3/18/06, J. Hartline <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Hi.
> Chitlesh,
> I've written a tiny bit of a man for Kadischi.
> If you want a take a took at it and edit it appropriately and
> give me some suggestion if it is good/bad whatever. Maybe I'll drop this
> down in a que
> to do and send it up to the bugzilla.
> The processing instructions are in the top.
>
> I've got in there Darko Ilic, is it standard to have many names or
> is it AUTHOR, for just the page AUTHOR, or project author?

Hello Jasper,
Nice idea. :)

Ive added
- an example
- the text "iso image" after live cd (twice)
- availability
- corrected typo PRCESS to PROCESS
- anaconda in SEE ALSO
- in the end my name :)

Chitlesh GOORAH

.\" PROCESS THIS FILE WITH
.\" groff -man -Tascii kadischi.1
.\"
.TH KADISCHI 1 "MARCH 2006" Linux "User Manuals"
.SH NAME
kadischi - generate a live cd iso image from an RPM repository
.SH SYNOPSIS
.B kadischi [--text|--graphical] [--kickstart=<kickstart file>] [-C] [-f]
.I repository iso
.B
.SH DESCRIPTION
.B kadischi
generates a live cd iso image from an RPM repository tree by invoking
anaconda passing it the correct options and installing to the build
directory specified. Kadischi will invoke
.BR mkzftree
and
.BR mkisofs
to produce an image that can be written to a CD or DVD ROM.
.SH OPTIONS
.IP --text
Run in a textual mode that does not require X.
.IP --graphical
Run in graphical mode.
.IP --kickstart=<kickstart_file>
Read from <kickstart file> using the installation options
provided in the file for the produced ISO image. This option
can be used with -C to automate builds.
.IP -C
Run strictly in command line mode requiring no user input.
.IP -f
Overwrite an existing ISO image, if it already exists.
.SH EXAMPLES
.nf
kadischi http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/5/i386/os/ /tmp/fedora-live.iso
.fi
.SH FILES
.I /etc/kadischi/build.conf
.RS
The system wide configuration file. See
.BR kadischi(5)
for more information.
.RE
.I /etc/kadischi/buildstamp
.RS
The build-stamp file. Used for stamping a CD. See
.BR kadischi(5)
for more information.
.SH BUGS
The module shvarFile is not always imported properly or is not imported
sometimes at all, resulting in the build directory needing to be
manually cleaned up.
.SH AVAILABILITY
Kadischi is available via anonymous CVS:
.nf

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/devel
cvs -z3 login
cvs -z3 co kadischi