[Fedora-livecd-list] trademark/copyright issues with distributing kadischi output?

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 21 02:57:01 UTC 2006

Jane Dogalt wrote:

>My question, which I think should be answered in the docs (it isn't is it?) is
>this-
>
>What if any requirements does the fedora project put on someone distributing an
>iso generated with kadischi?
>
>Does the full spectrum of removing the artwork/trademarks that is associated
>with creating a fedora derivative distribution apply?
>
>If so, I suggest adding a post install script which does this for the user
>automatically (instead of disabling their firewall ;), or adding big FAT
>warnings telling people that they cannot redistribute kadsichi output.
>
>-jdog

To my knowledge it is fine, as long as you are not claiming what you
have is in fact
Fedora Core GOLD releases or RAWHIDE trees, say if you add your own
packages, etc.
If this is a severe worry of yours, you might try contacting
Karsten Wade or Bill Nottingham at Redhat, Inc. or another individual
related with the Fedora Project
that has information on this.

J. Hartline