[Fedora-livecd-list] trademark/copyright issues with distributing kadischi output?

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Mar 21 08:12:24 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 20:32, Jane Dogalt <jdogalt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My question, which I think should be answered in the docs (it isn't is it?)
> is this-
>
> What if any requirements does the fedora project put on someone
> distributing an iso generated with kadischi?
>
> Does the full spectrum of removing the artwork/trademarks that is
> associated with creating a fedora derivative distribution apply?

Without separate, explicit usage approval, yes.  You cannot distribute such
live CDs as "Fedora".  Future guidelines may relax the restrictions, but
these productions are not redistributable without permission until then.  To
request approval for specific usage cases, contact legal at fedoraproject.org,
which will actually go to Greg DeKoenigsberg right now.

> If so, I suggest adding a post install script which does this for the user
> automatically (instead of disabling their firewall ;), or adding big FAT
> warnings telling people that they cannot redistribute kadsichi output.

It would be wise to point to the existing legal documentation that covers this
issue, including the Trademark Guidelines and logo usage information.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com