[Fedora-livecd-list] trademark/copyright issues with distributing kadischi output?

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 22 00:38:37 UTC 2006

Jeremy Katz wrote:

>The problem is that the various compressed filesystems don't actually
>support xattrs which is required for setting up the SELinux file
>contexts.
>
>Jeremy

Ok.
In this case, there isn't much anyone can do but send patches to the
upstream maintenance and
wait. That or patch Fedora Core tools to support these, and send
upstream also.
As I stated I could predispose the "just setting contexts" wasn't the
issue, since this can be done before hand
and (now that you've mentioned it) since RPM already knows about
contexts, this couldn't be the issue.
(Contexts can't be changed on a read-only file, is what I was basing my
understanding of that item on.)

Just for reference, I will edit the Kadischi wiki to make this item clearer.
It is there for a reminder I'd imagine, but it can be clear.
Thanks.

J. Hartline