[Fedora-livecd-list] selinux on livecds

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 19:17:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 11:05 -0800, Jane Dogalt wrote:
> --- Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > The problem is that the various compressed filesystems don't actually
> > support xattrs which is required for setting up the SELinux file
> > contexts.
>
> If I were intent on using SELinux, I would ask this question-
>
> once you get kadischi to have a specifiable read-only filesystem type (i.e.
> zisofs or squashfs or ...), would there be any problem with doing a (possibly
> clooped) ext2(/3) fs as an option.

I vaguely have a memory of raw ext[23] on an iso not working for some
reason.  But it's a hazy memory from long ago.  You're welcome to check.
If it does, that's one option.  Although adding xattr support for a
filesystem _isn't_ that difficult.

> Though how about tmpfs?  Does it support xattrs?

tmpfs supports xattrs -- that support was added when we went to using
udev with tmpfs for /dev

Jeremy