[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - USB fork?

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 03:27:48 UTC 2006

--- Jasper O'neal Hartline <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Filip Tsachev wrote:
>
> > I guess this fork has the potential to utilise different concept as
> > it's RW media.
> >
> No. SquashFS is still read-only filesystem.

As you mentioned, it isn't that different (in some manifestations) from the
kadischi output.  Thus why fork instead of just making it a kadischi feature?
Certainly you would work in your own tree until you've got a clean feature
addition patch, but forking doesn't make sense IMO.  Certainly kadischi should
handle usb sticks as gracefully (or hopefully more gracefully) than knoppix,
and a live-usb is just like sticking your livecd in the stick.

I'm guessing using a fairly static ROM image might be better anyway as a lot of
flash wouldn't hold up that well to frequent small writes (if it was used as a
generic rw fs)

my 0.02...

-jdog