[Fedora-livecd-list] KDE kickstart file

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 18 19:47:39 UTC 2006

On 9/18/06, Jasper Hartline <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:
> I have CVS'ed the Grub/Isolinux stuff.

Thanks, i've seen it .

I don't really see a good,
> standard use in the kickstart file provided.
> It has many things wrong with it that I can see, french keyboard, and
> the xconfig is that which is optimized for CRT
> monitors, not LCD screens.
> Should we try and change these values, perhaps to en keyboard and a LCD
> like refresh rates under xconfig perhaps?

That's true, but however is there any guidelines for kadischi's
kickstart files ?

> I almost don;t like the idea of just a KDE kickstart file without a
> Gnome one, yet we already have the standard-*.cfg kickstarts.

Well, let's not do gnome/kde bashing, standard-*cfg is already gnome oriented.

It's true that the kickstart files provided by kadischi aren't
specific and properly written.

Let's take for example standard-live*.cfg, they lack the reboot option
and hence doesn't meet the goal on kickstart usage in kadischi.
the same for minimal-livecd.cfg calls for network configurations.

I think these should be corrected.

> I can snapshot and send you a URL to Kadischi..
> http://autopsy.liveprojects.info/REPO/SOURCES/
>
> > Ill be working on that for the GUI :)
>
> Awesome. Let me know if you need some testing done.

Thanks, I'm stuck with the output from kadischi.py. The output from
"print" in kadischi aren't properly directed to my QTextBrowser. It
get all the "print" on the QTextBrowser when kadischi fails or
succeeds. A real time redirection of such nature lacks in pyqt !!!
I'll opt for QProgresssBar instead.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com