[Fedora-livecd-list] KDE kickstart file

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 18 21:46:27 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>> standard use in the kickstart file provided.
>> It has many things wrong with it that I can see, french keyboard, and
>> the xconfig is that which is optimized for CRT
>> monitors, not LCD screens.
>> Should we try and change these values, perhaps to en keyboard and a LCD
>> like refresh rates under xconfig perhaps?
>

> That's true, but however is there any guidelines for kadischi's
> kickstart files ?

Well, no. I just don't see Kadischi having be able to store every
kickstart install possible in
there. It clutters CVS. Without a Gnome config, we can't have a KDE
config. That's just logical.

>> I almost don;t like the idea of just a KDE kickstart file without a
>> Gnome one, yet we already have the standard-*.cfg kickstarts.
>

> Well, let's not do gnome/kde bashing, standard-*cfg is already gnome
> oriented.
>
> It's true that the kickstart files provided by kadischi aren't
> specific and properly written.
>
> Let's take for example standard-live*.cfg, they lack the reboot option
> and hence doesn't meet the goal on kickstart usage in kadischi.
> the same for minimal-livecd.cfg calls for network configurations.
>
> I think these should be corrected.

Ok, these changes have been made in CVS.
They were trivial but for cmdline method they do fail.
Thanks.

> Thanks, I'm stuck with the output from kadischi.py. The output from
> "print" in kadischi aren't properly directed to my QTextBrowser. It
> get all the "print" on the QTextBrowser when kadischi fails or
> succeeds. A real time redirection of such nature lacks in pyqt !!!
> I'll opt for QProgresssBar instead.

I can't wait to see it. It is nice to know we have people working on the
Kadischi however at some time.
We'll test this out some when you think oit is ready, and try to get it
CVS'd if all works out.

J. Hartline