Pilgrim, kadischi, and stateless (was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] pilgrim livecd work)

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Fri Sep 22 01:39:13 UTC 2006

> David Zeuthen (davidz at redhat.com) said:
> > Right. My understanding is that the controversial part of unionfs is the
> > ability to join multiple writable file systems into a single tree. Is
> > this correct?

Just found the page here,

 http://www.am-utils.org/project-unionfs.html

And yes, it appears it's designed to do a lot of things instead of just
doing one thing really well.

> Well, in my experience, all I tried was one readable + one writable, and
> *that* blew up. So, my objection was that the basic case failed.

I'm more curious how hard it can be given the assumptions I listed in my
other mail. Then again, I'm not a kernel hacker and got too much on my
plate already :-)

     David