[Fedora-livecd-list] gfxboot ???

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 23 11:58:18 UTC 2006

Ok, after so many discussions, I came back to my initial proposition
(at least for kadischi and livecds for the moment).

Let's assume, I'll package gfxboot for FE!

Is it worth to consider using  gfxboot in Kadischi and fedora livecds ?
If yes, i'll package gfxboot for FE.

To me, it won't be a problem for gfxboot to be approved for FE.
from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/CoreVsExtras
What sort of things are more appropriate for Fedora Extras?
    * Duplications of already-existing Core functionality, even if
some new functionality is added
Thorsten is our man for more details.

Having an easy and quick feature to set keyboard layout and language,
right in the beginning would be fairly advantageous for such a big
project like fedora, in terms of marketing. To my point of view, it
would be easier and quicker to make fedora localised if ppl have more
access to it.

gfxboot could be used as grub feature we've recently added to kadischi
and we still have the choice to you memtest+.

But in the other hand, someone got to work on gfxboot and understand
how it works.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com