[Fedora-livecd-list] pilgrim livecd work

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Sun Sep 24 01:10:44 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 19:56 -0500, Jasper Hartline wrote:
> Anaconda and it is an already existing Fedora Core tool, not a rogue
> disk partitioner

You blatantly ignore the fact that we need such a tool anyway. Only
giving the users UI for for LVM / RAID setup in the installer is just
weird. Btw, the reason I'm writing this tool has nothing to do with Live
CD's - it's something we're working together on in upstream projects
like freedesktop.org, GNOME and KDE to do anyway.

> that you wrote up in a weekend.

There's no need to be nasty here. You're welcome to review my list of
contributions to the open source community if you doubt if I'm capable
of writing such a thing.

> Again, Kadischi builds LiveCDs. Anaconda is the system installer.
> Anaconda is by far not inferior for installing from a LiveCD.

Of course it is. You make the users download the bits twice and makes it
impossible to deliver an usable live CD in 700 MB.

I have no idea who you are designing for.

Good luck,
David