[Fedora-livecd-list] GUI: incomplete and severely broken

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 25 01:01:05 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> Hello,
> Jasper, here is my /usr/local/share/kadischi
>
> http://chitlesh.funpic.de/kadischi.tar.bz2
>
> It's broken like hell and like I said before on irc, it's about 20%
> complete.
> If a livecd can be spinned out of it, other features can be easily added.
>
> questions? ask here :)
In kadischigui.py you are running the post install scripts before
movefiles.py which is incorrect.
Also the kernel variable is used within kadischi.py so I'm sure you're
breaking something by assigning it
to make_initrds().

Please recheck the sequence of events in kadischigui.py to be sure you
aren't modifying the sysdir variable also.
This is my first assumption about the failure I am seeing with teh
upstream source and just pixmaps/, kadischigui.py and k_kadischi.py
dropped in.

J. Hartline