[Fedora-livecd-list] "Build a Fedora Live CD" instructions

Tim Boring tjboring at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 17:16:06 UTC 2007

On 4/9/07, Leslie Katz <lesliek at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Thanks very much for your reply Tim.
>
> I thought I could add /sbin to root's path permanently by editing root's
> .bash_profile file, but, although the file took the change, that didn't
> lead to /sbin showing up in root's path on a reboot. So I added /sbin to
> root's path temporarily before running the livecd-creator again.

if you want to add /sbin to root's path permanently, you need to add it to
root's .bashrc, not .bash_profile.  that'll take care of it  so /sbin is
there after a reboot.

> When I booted from it, all worked up to the stage where I was asked to
> log in. I knew nothing of any username or password, so I just pressed
> Enter. However, that didn't work.

you couldn't log in because the livecd-creator command doesn't set a root
password and doesn't create a normal user.  you'll have to do that
yourself.  i think i saw that in the docs somewhere.

hope that helps,
tim